Why not to choose Hotel Management as a Career!
- December 3, 2020
- Posted by: Priyanka
- Category: vlearny
We all are well aware about the jobs in the hospitality and Hotel industry. The students have to go through with strict training and have to develop discipline in their lives. During the job the professionals have to experience long working hours depending on the seasons and occasions the work shift can be stretched to the double shifts of 9 hours each. The professionals are advised to be lively and smile all the time in front of their guests regardless of what you are feeling personally. The toughest years in the life of a hotel management graduate are the initial years as not every Hotel Management graduate lands in a management trainee job and many are stuck with entry level jobs in the hotels. As compared to the other industries the initial pay of the professionals is low.
Apart from all the negative aspects of this career we find we forget to show some light on the positive side of this career.
These are as follows:-
- Industrial Training and discipline brings the sense of responsibility in the student. The professionals are responsible to manage different departments of the hotel on their own this leads to the experience of managing a hotel and the department.
- The salaries of the hospitality personnel is low as compared to two other industries but there are many other factors in this industry which can prove to be financially lucrative. Hotel management is one of the few industries where a fresher can take responsibility and land in a managing role at a relatively young age.
- Interacting with different guests each day in the hotel improves your customer handling and keeps your job.
- The hospitality career allows you to work in beautiful hotels around the world and make your life more interesting as you travel and meet new people in your job.
- The professionals are open to learning as they can learn from the colleagues around time, guests and their team.
- The professionals experience the increase in growth as their experience increases in the industry.
- As like in other industries it’s hard to get entry level job with proper experience and training but in case of Hotel Management students can start their career early as per their level of training easily. It is not that hard for a Hotel Management graduate to land in a job after graduation.
- Opportunities in the hospitality industry are endless as the professional is open to a number of jobs because of his managing skills. You could work for an independent or chain hotel, become a general manager or manage specific departments, and work in a variety of locations such as big cities or coastal areas.
- Everyday the professionals face a new challenge in front of themselves and experience the different solutions for the challenge. The professionals get a chance to meet new people everyday and make new connections all over the world.
If you are a student it is looking for a standard 9 to 5 job then maybe hotel management isn’t for you!
Content Credits: Abdul Quddus